Monday, April 23, 2007

The Astronaut

I used to sniff a lot of glue and spend hours looking at the stars. Sometimes I'd bring my viola; sometimes it'd be just be me and the stars.

I guess I'm a lot like Eminem in that respect. We both loose ourselves in the music; we both reach for the stars. I've never met him but I bet we'd be friends. I bet we'd have a lot to talk about.

(Eminem at Space Camp '91)

Like I'd tell him my name is B. Clark and he'd tell me his name was B. Rabbit; I'd tell him stories from Space Camp and he'd probably just sit there and listen . . . maybe tell me some of his own.

Like this one time back in the summer of '94 . . . first day at Space Camp, very first day. Me and a bunch of the flight crew were standing around, and I see this girl. All the other guys were too nervous, so I go up to her . . . in front of everyone . . . and I'm like, "Hey, are those Space pants?" There was a pause and I was like, " Bamm . . . because your ass is out of this world!!!"

Using bamm in a sentence was kind of my Space Camp trademark, but get this . . . they really were Space pants!!! Can you imagine? The guys and I were fucking dying. My one friend with a spastic colon laughed so hard he shit himself. Scouts honor, Lyle laughed so hard he shit his pants.

Oh the good ole days . . . we were crazy back then.

No comments: